M1 Garand Web Sling Installation Instructions M1 M14 M1A 1903
Sling Installation Instructions for our cotton and nylon web slings. All AmmoGarand Slings can be used on the M1, M14, M1A or 1903. These also fit on Commercial Rifles and Shotguns as long as they are fitted with 1-1/4" wide swivels. ** You can also watch our Clip Loading and Sling Installation "How-To" Videos on YouTube on the "AmmoGarand" Channel, link below.
Sling Install Instruction Video
BASIC Sling Install:
1. Attach the J-hook to the lower sling swivel so the open end of the J-hook faces outboard, away from the rifle.
2. Open the sling keeper buckle by pulling up on the tabbed end of sling.
3. With clamping buckle fully opened, carefully slide tabbed sling end through buckle. Don't use excessive force and rock tabbed end of canvas left and right to clear tab from buckle for easier removal.
4. Run tabbed end through front ferrule swivel and tabbed sling end back through clamping buckle and close clamp at desired length. (Flat side of clamping buckle faces toward rifle) NOTE - If Reversing or Re-rigging Hardware / , remove webbing from base buckle tabs BEFORE trying to pull tabbed end thru, ie squeeze sides of webbing and remove canvas from side tabs BEFORE trying to pull tabbed end out. (you'll rip off tab if you don't)
**Note: Install instructions are for normal military installation. Variations can be made for ease of use or personal preference.
NOTE: Below are some IMPORTANT Install Tips & Info for installing and Swivel help for some Commercial Swivels:
1. Squeeze canvas and remove from Keeper tabs BEFORE pulling tabbed end thru buckle to avoid damage to end tab. Keeper tabs are NOT meant to be bent, they WILL break if you do.
2. If Tabbed end does not readily fit through your swivels just FOLD tab across canvas at a 45 degree and slide swivel over, see pictures in our Sling Adds for examples of this, using Cotton and Nylon slings.
* Slings will require a 1-1/4” Swivel for use on Commercial weapons.
** For Ruger Mini-14 / 10-22 and 556’s: You MUST replace the 1” Factory swivels on Rifle with 1-1/4” swivels or modify the sling J-Hook by trimming spring sides to fit. Our Sling is Military Spec so it’s not going to fit everything unless you modify hardware or the rifle you’re putting it on.